A Line for All Seasons

A Line for All Seasons

N/A

  • Rating:
    4.00 out of 5
  • Length:26 minutes
  • Release:1981
  • Language:English
  • Reference:Imdb
  • Keywords:A Line for All Seasons 1981 full movies, A Line for All Seasons torrents movie

. You can read more in Google, Youtube, Wiki

LinksNameQualitySeedersLeechers

A Line for All Seasons torrent reviews

tiera (ru) wrote: this is an amazing movie with an amazing message. be careful with what you say.

Jesse O (gb) wrote: I don't know why, but this felt like a Lifetime made-for-TV movie to me. I went to this film's Wikipedia page expecting for it to have actually been commissioned as a TV movie. And I don't mean that in a derisive manner, the last Lifetime-esque TV movie I saw, which was actually a Lifetime TV movie, Big Driver, wasn't a half-bad movie. And this is the same way, this ends up being average at best. I don't know, while there's certain parts of the film that I liked, like Emanuel and Linda complimenting each other, Linda being the mother that Emanuel never got to know and Emanuel sort of acting as Linda's daughter after her own baby died in an accident. But there's also a part of me that feels that the movie is a little shallow and it stretches scenes longer than they technically should've gone. I get the whole Linda using a baby doll as a coping mechanism, but how much mileage can you really get out of that? Like they literally went over an hour with this and you just wanted them to get the point by, like, the 45 minute mark. Sadly, however, there's still 30 more minutes until they actually do something about it. And I sort of get why did what they did. Emanuel kept coming over to take care of Linda's 'baby' because Em loved spending time with her. If she bursts her bubble and tells Linda that it's actually a doll, then Em wouldn't be needed around. I get that. But it just takes way too long to get to the point. And when it does, it's not really satisfying. They're only confirming what you've known all along, pretty much. The character of Linda has some intrigue until you find out that she's pretending that the doll is her real daughter and that's about it. After that, you pretty much fill in the blanks on you're own and, really, 99.9% of you will hit the nail right on the head with your guesses. So there's nothing wrong with predicting how everything's gonna play out and being right, but the problem comes in the fact that the movie just really isn't that enjoyable to watch. Like I said, it's average at best, but I just didn't enjoy watching this very much. The character of Emanuel, to me, just isn't that well-written and she comes across more as unlikable as opposed to being just another troubled teen. Those two are really close to each other and it's really easy to think you're writing a troubled character when you really are writing an unlikable one. They're definitely gonna share a lot of the same traits, but, somehow, I just didn't like the character. And this is the character itself, because I thought Kaya Scodelario did a really good job in this movie. Jessica Biel, as well, did a fantastic job here, but I didn't find the movie to be that emotionally satisfying. This, essentially, builds to the moment where both Linda and Emanuel learn to let go and attempt to move on. It's supposed to be this touching, emotional moment, but it just didn't do anything for me. I have no idea why. Maybe it's cause the characters themselves don't feel fully formed, or because they waited so long to get to this point, but I felt nothing. Shame too because, while a bit hokey, there's something that you could've done with these two grieving characters and how they help each other live their lives and move on. But it just didn't reach a great level. Hell, it didn't even reach a good one. Disappointing, since the acting from Kaya and Jessica is so strong. Maybe the events surrounding them are a little dramatic, but the acting is still really strong. The writing is a little bit underwhelming, but not terrible, it's just shallow and dramatically hollow. There's a certain disconnect, since the review makes this movie seem worse than it is. It really is an average movie, but there's average movies that I've enjoyed. This isn't one of them, so, therefore, I can't exactly recommend this. Strong acting, nothing else.

Lee H (jp) wrote: This insightful and sobering documentary is highly recommended for anyone who wants to understand how America got into its current financial crisis. The movie argues that societies go through four phases as they cycle and that America entered this final phase of collapse in 2008. The housing and mortgage crisis was not the failure of free market capitalism, but of failed government policy--a failure that was worsened by the response of the government by bailouts.

Paul D (es) wrote: Effectively charts one of the UK's greatest social injustices on its own people. Emily Watson's real life character is emotional for the issue and determined in her attempt to unravel the story, and both work well together for this film.

Kurt B (au) wrote: In all good science fiction, the story has to have a hint of believablity. Sleep Dealer abounds in it, even if the vision is bleak, dusty and technocratic. I'm looking forward to more films from RIvera.

Ceph J (au) wrote: Our protagnist Romain (played by Melvil Poupaud in a moving performance) accepts death in "Time To Leave." While audiences may not agree with his submission, the character makes a decision that he doesn't want to postpone the inevitable. I wish the film had dealt more philosophically with the issues of cancer, chemotherapy, cocaine use, or even the dangers of smoking since Romain is a heavy smoker. Or, the possibility of contracting AIDS. It never answers the question of support groups or networking for people facing terminal cancer. Instead, it presents Romain in varying situations during his final days. A brutal breakup that shows he's cruel to his boyfriend, Sasha (Christian Sengewald) who appears to be the "wife" in their relationship. A cruel and unforgiving blast at his sister Sophie (Louise-Anne Hippeau). It's hard to like him. But, then he has a moving scene with his father played by Daniel Duval (who looks like Poupaud). Though his scenes with his grandmother (Jeanne Moreau looking regal) border on incest, you admire the close bond between the two. However, the questionable scenes are with a waitress (Valeria Bruni Tedeschi) and you have to scratch your head at how a woman would just pick up a complete stranger for this request. The threesome with her husband (Walter Pagano) would be more credible if the husband was bisexual. The flashbacks of his childhood are artfully filmed but still distracting. We already know enough about his character so we just need to know where he's going and how he's going to deal with his family and present life. The movie ends after Romain reconciles with his ex boyfriend, sister, and his will. He ends up like Joan Crawford in "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane." The ending is a letdown of sorts which is why I'm not rating it higher. Romain is a complex character and I don't believe he would have wanted to end it so simple without a fight.

Aisha S (mx) wrote: Loved Gackt, Hyde, and Wang Lee Hom in it!

kardio h (gb) wrote: every1 thot it was scary..its funny!

Alex K (ag) wrote: 1940;s Fantasia Is My Tenth Favorite Film Of All Time.

Valerie P (au) wrote: An amazing sequel to the Parent Trap.

Michael H (ag) wrote: A major work in that minor genre, horror movies. Intelligent, delicate, and actually frightening (no kidding), this 1958 feaure was directed by Jacques Tourneur, author of many of the best of Val Lewton's famous series of B-budget shockers. A shot or two of a cheesy monster (insisted upon by the producer) are the only violations of the film's sublime allusiveness, through which the unseen acquires a palpitating presence. Tourneur is attempting a rational apprehension of the irrational, examining not so much the supernatural itself but the insecurities it springs from and the uses it may be put to. With Dana Andrews, Peggy Cummins (ofGun Crazy), and Niall MacGinnis in a witty, Hitchcockian performance as an urbane warlock. Originally known asNight of the Demon.

Juli N (nl) wrote: Masterfully crafted fable as bewitching as it is incredibly beautiful!

Matt K (jp) wrote: This riveting true story of a Navy doctor who stays with his crippled wounded charges, even after he is ordered to evacuate with the walking wounded. I saw it on VHS which busted the minute I finished watching. Even so, this is a wonderful heroic tale starring Gary Cooper and directed by Cecil B. DeMille after he heard President Roosevelt commending Dr. Wassel in one of the president's fireside chats.

Blake V (es) wrote: Gone with the Wind is the classic civil war drama loved by all, from the fantastic performances from Clark Gable and Vivian Leigh, to the gripping story line that has you on the edge of your seat to the end of film, Gone With the Wind is a near perfect movie with the only fault being its 4 hour run time

Tim W (nl) wrote: I quite liked this. Like an action crime noir, with interesting characters and overall concept. Less about what happens and more about the characters and existentialism. It also didn't take itself too serious, which led to a couple cliches and some cheese but that's ok, it was enjoyable.

Ramona T (au) wrote: Standing strong/ Do you belong/ In your skin/ Just wondering...

Harold V (ag) wrote: Funny and inexplicable.

Mariela S (jp) wrote: Oskar Schindler, a Czech manufacturer and factory owner, is on his way to dine with Amon Goeth, Nazi commandant of the Paszw labor camp outside Kracw, Poland, in 1943. Schindler's car travels on the broken Jewish gravestones that pave the road to Goeth's villa. Inside the villa, as Jewish musicians play unobtrusively, Goeth is surrounded by local police and prostitutes. Schindler encounters Goeth's maid, Helen Hirsch, who has been severely beaten by Goeth; terrified, she confides to Schindler about Goeth's frequent brutality and begs Schindler to find and save her younger sister. In early 1940, Kracw's Jews are forced into an overcrowded ghetto, while their Christian neighbors harass and spit at them. Despite vicious slogans and posters promising violent punishment for those who help Jews, Schindler assures his workers that they are safe with him. Shortly thereafter, Schindler is arrested by the Nazis on a trumped up charge of some irregularity in his bookkeeping, but because of the intervention of bribed Nazi officials, Schindler is released. Later, however, when his workers throw him a birthday party, Schindler is denounced for kissing a young female Jewish worker. He is rearrested but soon released because of intervention from ranking Nazi officials. The Schindler men are successfully transported to Brnnlitz; the women are mistakenly routed to Auschwitz. Weeks later, Schindler pays officials to release the women to his charge, marking the only time that a train with living passengers leaves a death camp during the Holocaust. During the remaining months of the war, Schindler bribes and manipulates officials so that the Jews in his charge can survive; his factory produces no useable shells. At war's end, he exhorts his factory's German guards to return to their families peacefully and gives the remaining food and supplies to his Jewish workers. After the war, Schindler is unsuccessful in business and is often bankrupt, but he is well cared for by his former employees. Honored as "Righteous Among the Nations" by Yad Vashem, the Israeli Holocaust Museum, Schindler spends his remaining years traveling between Germany and Israel. He dies in 1974 at the age of sixty-six and is buried in Jerusalem. Schindler's list relates to World Religions part of Judaism. Judaism is mainly known for having survived the Holocaust which is unlike any other religion. Judaism involves the belief of one God and His chosen people are the Jews. It is a religion developed from ancient Hebrews that is still growing as of today.

Jayden (mx) wrote: this is a really good movie i like it=)